The Local Motors Cruiser began as a design competition to design a retro styled throwback gas powered 'board racer' bike. The winning design was done by the amazing Romanian design Ianis Vasilatos. I had the honor of working with the Local Motors team to transform his sketches and renderings into both a prototype version and a production version. My primary role was helping to finalize the design along with selecting both the colors and materials used.
In addition I documented some of the build process of the prototypes.
• Designed by Ianis Vasilatos
• Engineered by Matt Jackson and Correy Renner
• Fabricated by the Local Motors Fabrication Team
• Design Refined by Aurelien Francois
• Color, Trim and Materials by Nicolas de Peyer
• Photos taken by Jerry Ferguson for Local Motors.